"Space have delivered an office that is not only highly functional but also an absolute pleasure to work in."
"It was invaluable having someone locally who had the right expertise and could respond quickly. It’s a key reason why the project was delivered on budget and on time, and exceeded our expectations."
"Space have once again worked tirelessly to ensure that we get the ideal office space right from the start. As the experts in their field, they have delivered an office that is not only highly functional but also an absolute pleasure to work in."
"They wanted to spend time in their new space before we made final decisions on the changes that were right for them. This approach worked really well and ensured absolutely clarity on the project."
“People love it. We’re a creative brand so having a bright and colourful space to work in is fantastic. There are practical benefits, in terms of dividing up different areas, the meeting pod which we love, and sound-proofing, but it also creates a wonderful aesthetic.”
We wanted to create a space we could be proud of, where our team and our clients would enjoy spending time. Without Space’s input, we would never have achieved anything quite so amazing. From the design of the layout to the visual design, Tim and his team held our hand, made good suggestions, stopped us making mistakes and came up with brilliant and creative ideas. What’s more, the management of the process - seeing dozens of workers from several contractors buzzing around every day, all so well coordinated – was so impressive
Our range of workspace consultancy services includes a Workspace Review, Facilities Management Analysis, Space Utilisation Research and our Start-Up Service.
Perfect for medium to large companies with one or more offices locally or throughout the UK. Thinking of relocating or consolidating or just need a health check on their premises.
- Measure premises to establish exact size and configuration (and potential rent savings)
- Record overall condition to advise on any future dilapidation liability
- Record approximate quantity of filing or specialist equipment
- Summarise existing lease to clarify key dates and your responsibilities
- Research and record where staff and directors live
- Interview senior staff
- Consider business growth and impact on staff numbers
- Staff questionnaires (optional)
- Report and meeting
Facilities Management Analysis
Perfect for clients with multi-sites where the facilities management has been adapted over time, but the organisation lacks professional inhouse expertise. The work is usually managed by HR, an office manager or receptionist.
- Collate, sense test and financial check on all existing contracts e.g. cleaning, air conditioning maintenance, heating, water testing, waste and recycling etc.
- Highlight anomalies, including expired and rolled over contracts, ‘doubled-up’ suppliers etc
- Identify savings
- Flag any health and safety misunderstandings - e.g. unnecessarily paying suppliers when not required
This service has seen Space identify contracts that have had a 5-year auto-renewal provision, cases of two suppliers being paid to supply the same service on the same building.
Space Utilisation Research
Perfect for medium to large companies with one or more offices locally or throughout the UK. Thinking of relocating or consolidating or just need a health check on their premises. A simple review with significant impact.
- Tested measurement tools to establish how often meeting rooms, workstations and parking spaces remain unused
- Know exactly how much and what type of spaces you need.
- Inform work modeling and key decisions ahead of new site searches
One example saw Space identify that 38% of workstations were unoccupied on certain days, a client’s smaller meeting rooms were occupied 68% of the time, boardrooms only 34% of the time and some meeting rooms were never used.
The data proved invaluable for the client ahead of key decisions on their workspace.
Perfect for: Small companies and start ups when using shared/serviced offices, working from home, considering renting their first office.
- Help define how much space needed
- Advise on best resources to find suitable workspace
- What to look out for when viewing or negotiating
- Review of the landlord’s proposal or heads of terms, to ensure ‘no gaps or traps’
- Quick review of lease or licence.
- Recommend best value experienced property solicitors if needed
- Recommend a surveyor if required
- Tips and advice on where to buy office furniture
The service is provided ‘behind the scenes’ so landlords don’t feel ‘got at’.
- One meeting (Exeter are) or Skype/Hangout/Facetime
- One draft offer email for client to use
- Up to 2 hours of phone support